Saturday, September 17, 2016

My Writing


https://www.amazon.com/Dragon-Kveldmir-Evan-Oliver-ebook/dp/B01M143VU3/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1474099268&sr=8-1&keywords=The+Dragon+of+KVeldmir

My short story The Dragon of Kveldmir is now available on the Kindle Store!
I wrote the first draft of this story several years ago, and have picked it up several times to polish it but something always felt missing. It was originally inspired by the stories from Andrew Lang's Colored Fairy Books, but it drifted farther and farther away the more I worked at it.
Then I started reading the Icelandic Sagas. Grettir's Saga and The Saga of King Hrolf Kraki in particular made me think and using a few elements from those works with a bit of my own spin, I filled in what I felt were missing holes.

I think it works well, and I have a lot that I'm ready to follow it up with. Head over to Amazon or Goodreads, check it out, rate it, and let me know what you think.!

No comments:

Post a Comment