Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Vikings!

The results of the poll are in, and the Viking was the narrow winner. Thank you so much to everybody who voted, and if you were hoping for one of the other characters, fear not! There will be more stories forthcoming. Lots of ideas with dragons, Romans, Celts, and magic forests have been carefully filed away to be ready for use in the very near future.

I'm in the process of picking out the specifics of what the story will revolve around, I've got a couple of ideas that I'm trying to pin down and see how they fit together.

One of the things that I want to do with my writing is make it a story that the people it's about would recognize and feel familiar with. I want to make a 'Viking story' instead of a story about Vikings. I want the feel of the story to fit the beliefs, superstitions, and views of the vikings themselves. The next few days will be full of research and plotting (MUAHAHA) and hopefully I'll have a mostly formed idea I can tell you all about this weekend, or soon thereafter.
If there's any specific ideas or thoughts you've got, or something specific you'd like to see, let me know in the comments. Can't wait to get this story started!

No comments:

Post a Comment